Make Future Plans to be a Part of Explore & More's New Museum!
Turning Dreams into Reality
The dream of building a new Explore & More Children's Museum on the Buffalo Waterfront is becoming a reality!
After nine months of working closely with Gyroscope, our master planning firm, the Master Plan for Explore & More's new museum at Canalside on the Buffalo Waterfront is complete. In addition, the Capital Campaign Plan, led by the nationally renowned fundraising consultant firm, CapitalQuest, is also complete. These two plans were formally accepted by Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation (ECHDC), and Explore & More and ECHDC now have a signed Memorandum of Understanding. ECHDC has released a requests for proposals for an architect for the South Aud Block, including our two parcels and another adjacent one, and they will be responsible for building the core and shell of the building. We have now just begun our two-year capital campaign to raise funds for the exhibits and inside finishes of the new space at Canalside - and are off to a great start! We recently announced two major gifts from both Wegmans Food Markets and the Wegman Family Charitable Foundation totaling over $1 million! In addition, we were just awarded $100,000 from the Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo's 21st Century Fund! And we are so grateful for the many other generous capital gifts that continue to come in, as well. We are on track to open the new museum at Canalside in 2016!
We are also excited to welcome the newest members of our team, Hannah Spalding, and Tai Nixa. Hannah comes to us from Americorps VISTA, and is helping to build our partnerships all over Western New York, especially in underserved communities, as our Partnership Program Coordinator. She was recently honored as an Outstanding Service Member for her work here by Mayor Brown and the WNY Service Initiative. Tai is an Associate in our Developement Department, a rising star with a focus on grants and administration.
You can get involved by volunteering at the museum or on one of our committees; or attending a Show & Tell presentation to learn more! Make a reservation today for an upcoming Show & Tell presentation by calling 655-5131 ext. 17, or email email@example.com:
- Wednesday, April 9, 12:00pm - 1:00pm at 95 Perry, Suite 104, Buffalo
- Friday, May 9, 8:30am - 9:30am at Spot Coffee, 227 Delaware, Buffalo
- Monday, June 9, 4:00pm - 5:00pm at Explore & More, East Aurora
- Wednesday, July 16, 12:00pm - 1:00pm at 95 Perry, Suite 104, Buffalo
- Friday, August 13, 8:30am - 9:30am at Spot Coffee, 227 Delaware, Buffalo
- Monday, September 8, 4:00pm - 5:00pm at Explore & More, East Aurora
- Wednesday, October 15, 12:00pm - 1:00pm at 95 Perry, Suite 104, Buffalo
- Friday, November 14, 8:30am - 9:30am at Spot Coffee, 227 Delaware, Buffalo
- Monday, December 8, 4:00pm - 5:00pm at Explore & More, East Aurora
Private Show & Tell presentations can be organized (anytime/anywhere) for groups of 8 or more!
Your donation can help Explore & More continue to grow, as well. Every donation makes a difference!
We will continue to update you on the plans as progress is made!